Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Thus, it should be healthy as well as heavy so that your tummy remains full for a long time. That is the reason I have brought two hearty casserole recipes that you can make in the morning.
Potato And Cheese Casserole
What a delicious way to start your day! It’s easy, super cheesy, and utterly delicious.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
- Eggs – 8
- Milk – ½ cup
- Italian sausage – 8 ounce
- Cheddar cheese – 7 ounce, shredded
- Hashbrown – 20 ounce, cut into cubes
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- First, cook the Italian sausage as per the instructions on the label. Cut into pieces and add into a bowl. In this, add the cubed hashbrowns, salt, and pepper as required, all the eggs one by one and milk. Give them a thorough mix.
- Now from the 7 ounces shredded cheddar, keep 1 cup aside and mix the rest with the mixture.
- Take a baking dish of 9*13 inches and grease it with little butter or cooking spray. Pour the prepared mixture into it.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Put in the baking dish and bake for about half an hour. Bring the dish out and add the kept aside cheese on the top and put the dish back in the oven for baking for 5 minutes more until the upper cheese layer melts. Scoop out and feel the ecstasy!
Casserole With Eggs And Croissants
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 50 minutes
- Milk – 2 cups
- Baby spinach – 3 cups
- Eggs – 8
- Salt and pepper – as required
- Croissants – 12, small
- Gruyère cheese – 5 ounce, grated coarsely
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Cremini mushrooms – 16 ounce, cut into slices
- Butter – just for greasing the baking dish
- Place a skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mushroom slices and fry till they become golden brown.
- Take a baking dish of 9*13 inches and grease it with the butter.
- Cut the croissants just a little and fill them with baby spinach and some of the shredded cheese, season with salt and pepper and place them on the greased dish. Remember to keep the cut side facing upward. Add the fried mushrooms in it in a way that the baking dish gets covered with them.
- Now whisk the eggs with the milk and add some salt and pepper as per taste. Pour this mixture on the baking dish. Spread the leftover cheese on the top and wrap it with a foil first and then plastic. In this condition, store the baking dish inside the fridge the whole night.
- Next morning, take it out and preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Removing the plastic, bake it for 20 minutes. After that, remove the foil and bake for half an hour more so that eggs start to bubble.
- You can also bake the casserole after the preparation is done.
Now make the casserole and enjoy your breakfast!