What will you feel if you can turn your simple breakfast to a brunch? Won’t it be fantastic if you can that with a healthier brunch recipe? I am sure many of you can’t wait anymore. Okay, then let’s jump to the recipe.
Healthier Brunch Recipes – Strata Primavera
Various veggies and excellent flavor have made this dish an alluring choice. If you have guests for breakfast, it is better to prepare the strata at night and keep in the fridge. Next morning, insert into the oven for baking while you chat with your guests. Isn’t it a lovely idea?
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hr 25 minutes
Serving – 8
Ingredients For Healthier Brunch
- Canola Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1, large, cut into dices
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Asparagus – ½ pound, trimmed and cut into slices
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Eggs – 6, large
- Milk – 2 cups, non-fat
- Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp
- Whole-wheat baguette – 1, cubed
- Egg whites – 10, large
- Parmesan cheese – 2 ounce, shredded
- Carrot – 1, large and shredded
- Tomatoes – ¼ cup, sundried and cut into thin slices
- Tarragon – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Black pepper – ½ tsp, freshly ground
How To Make
- Put a nonstick skillet on high heat and pour the oil. As the oil becomes hot, add the onion and fry till they are translucent. Next, add the minced garlic and fry for a minute.
- Mix the asparagus as well as peas and cook till they are soft. When done, take out the pan from heat and keep aside.
- Take a baking dish of 9*13 inches and spray it well with the cooking spray. Spread the cubed bread pieces.
- Add the whole eggs along with egg whites, Dijon mustard, and milk to a big bowl and whisk very well. Tip the cooked veggies, grated cheese as well as carrot, chopped tarragon and sliced tomatoes into the egg mixture and mix very well.
- Pour the mixture over the bread into the baking dish. Sprinkle ground black pepper over the mixture and put a lid. Now keep the dish for a minimum of eight hours within the fridge.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the baking dish out of the fridge and insert it within the oven and let it bake for about 80 minutes. When the upper layer becomes golden brown, take it out. Cut into your desired pieces and serve.
While making this colorful bread pudding, keep in mind that you should not keep the strata for more than 20 minutes at room temperature after you take out of the fridge. You have to bake it immediately.
From each serving of 375 ml, you will get 240 calories, 19 gm of protein, 430 mg of sodium, and also 431 mg of potassium. Besides, it will provide you with 8 gm of fat, out of 2 gm is saturated, and 145 mg of cholesterol. Around 23 gm of carbs, 7 gm of sugar, and 6 gm of fiber you will get from each serving of this savory recipe.
So, make this tasty dish when you have invited your friends or family for a brunch over the weekend.