Aging is unavoidable, but early aging is an issue of concern. As we grow old, our body type and shape starts changing. The skin starts developing wrinkles; bones become weak, etc. All these are the symptoms of the aging process. Even though we cannot avoid it, we can surely slow it down. The method of aging can be slowed down by following a nutritious diet with a healthy breakfast.
People at the age of 50 and above experience the aging process due to lack of nutrient supply. The absence of adequate nutrients in our breakfast, lunch, and dinner leads to a faster aging process. Absence of certain nutrients in required quantity can enhance the aging process.
Nutrients which slows down the aging process
- Calcium – Calcium is an essential nutrient for the bones. Along with vitamin D, calcium works towards keeping bones healthy. The loss of bone density leads to fracture, joint pain, etc. Eating items like milk, fish with soft bones, dark green veggies, breakfast cereals, etc. will improve calcium intake.
- Vitamin D – The best source of vitamin D is the sun. As less as 15 to 30 minutes twice a week is enough for our body. This doesn’t work after a certain age, though. In such cases, you need to try other methods for absorbing more vitamin D. For example, fatty fish, cereals, vitamin D supplements, etc. are some sources to enhance the nutrient supply.
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 is an essential nutrient that helps in the formation of red blood cells. It can be found in high quantities in banana, potatoes, chicken breast, etc.
- Vitamin B12 – An effective nutrient to keep nerves and blood cells healthy. After a certain age, people experience a lack of vitamin B12 supply. It is highly found in fruits and vegetables. The deficiency of vitamin B12 can be avoided by adding vitamin B12 supplements in your breakfast.
How to stay Healthy?
You need to know how you can stay fit and healthy. After the age of 50, the aging process speeds up. You need to be aware of how to deal with it. If you wish to stay fit and healthy, you need to eat a lot more nutritious foods. On the contrary, if you want to consume dietary supplements, then you need to follow some steps.
- Learn – First thing first; learn about what you are consuming. Find out all the information available about the supplement. Consult with the pharmacist and your dietitian. Check the nutrient content, learn about their function, effects, and also side effects.
- Remember – Always remember that anything labeled as natural is not always logical. There are possible side effects of it. Be aware before consuming any such supplement.
- Consult your doctor – Consulting a doctor is the best way to avoid health issues when you depend on supplements. The doctor will help you with the supplements. The best time to consume such supplements is right after breakfast.
What Can I Do to Stay Healthy?
Firstly, the best thing possible for you is to stay fit. Secondly. proper diet, timely meals, a lot of exercises. Thirdly, drinking loads of water is necessary. All these are effective enough to keep you fit and healthy.
When it comes to aging, you can try the above-mentioned ways and slow down the process. Your health is in your hands, how you treat yourself.