All of us have a lovely mother. Isn’t it our duty to give her all the love and care that she has given us? Then why don’t you opt for tasty brunch recipe to make this Mother’s day special for her? If you do not know much about cooking, keep the worry at bay! Here, I am giving you two recipes, following which you can come up with delicious dishes for your mom.
Brunch Recipe – Eggs Benedict
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Serving – 4
- Yogurt – ¼ cup, plain and non-fat
- Yellow mustard – 1 tsp
- English muffins – 2, cut into halves and toasted
- Mayonnaise – ¼ cup, low-fat
- Smoked ham – 12 slices
- Eggs – 4, large
How To Make
- Put a saucepan on the flame and add the mayonnaise along with yogurt and mustard. Let it cook for about 5 minutes and stir continuously.
- On another saucepan, add a little bit of oil and make an egg poach. Similarly, make other poached eggs with other three eggs too.
- Take the toasted muffins and place a slice of ham on reach. Top it with poached eggs and sauce if your Mother likes. Now serve.
- To avoid the growth of bacteria, you should serve the egg dish immediately after cooking.
- From each egg Benedict, you will get 210 calories, 14 gm of protein, 10 gm of fat, 200 mg of cholesterol, and 16 gm of carbs. It has 500 mg of sodium and no trans fat.
- You will also get some amount of protein, about 10%, 4% of calcium as well as 6% of vitamin A from each.
Brunch Recipe – Coffeecake With Cinnamon
Are your Mother addicted to coffee? Then surprise her with this savory coffee cake with a fragrant cinnamon crust.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Serving – 24
Ingredients For Brunch Recipe
- Yellowcake mix – 1 packet
- Brewed coffee – 1 1/3 cups, decaffeinated and cooled
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Brown sugar – 1 cup, packed
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp, freshly ground
- Coconut flakes – ½ cup
- Walnuts – ½ cup, chopped
How To Prepare
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, add the cake mix, oil and eggs and blend them by using a hand blender. Make sure the mixture has no lumps.
- Take two round cake pans of 9 inches each. Grease them well and dust flour in both.
- Add the coconut flakes along with brown sugar, chopped walnuts, and cinnamon powder to a bowl and mix well. Now spread this mixture over the cake mixture into the pan.
- Insert the cake pan in the oven and let it bake for about half an hour. When done, take it out and let it cool for about 15 minutes. Transfer the cake on the wire rack so that it cools down totally.
Place the cake in front of your Mother along with a nicely decorated knife and ask her to cut it. The smile on her face will give you the biggest reward.
So, you do not have to worry anymore for celebrating mother’s day or any special occasion in your mom’s life. You can easily prepare these dishes.